Thursday, March 25, 2010

1. Run. Or walk. Or treadmill.



The point is, be active- preferably in a way that allows you to spend time alone with your thoughts.

This started for me when I started talking an antidepressant to prevent my migraines. Since I didn't need the antidepressants to quell a chemical imbalance in my brain, I started bouncing off the walls. So I ran.

Now I'm not a fast runner by any means, and I have this lovely case of asthma making sure I'm never able to run outside to save my life, but I do have a membership at Club One and a Nike+ sensor to keep me in line.

Since I was running alone I had all the time in the world (or about an hour before I hit the showers) to contemplate every issue that had been festering as of late. Some issues were resolved, some I resolved to still be angry about; but the point is when running I was able to find some sort of resolution.

Plus, buying cute workout clothes made everything better.

No comments:

Post a Comment